1 pkg (11
oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated breadsticks
smoked link sausages (from 14-oz package)
3/4 c shoestring
potatoes (from 1 3/4-oz can)Ketchup, barbecue sauce, or mustard
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Unroll dough
- Separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks.
- With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick in half crosswise, making 24 pieces
- Wrap each piece of dough around center of each sausage
- Pinch to seal
- Leave each end of sausage showing.
- Place seam side down and 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 11 to 14 min or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet
- Place on serving plate
- Cool for 2 minutes
- Insert shoestring potatoes into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate "bugs"
with dots or stripes of ketchup, BBQ sauce, or mustard